17 julho 2009

Windows 7 – First Impressions

In setember 2007, I bought my first Mac. A 13” entry model MacBook that cost me, in Brazil, something like US$ 1700,00. It was expensive, but a good price for Brazil.

After that, I sold my 1 year old PC and stopped using windows at home. Only a few times I recurred to Bootcamp to run Windows for some small jobs.

Earlier this year, I started to think about to buy a new Mac, this time a top level MacBook Pro, as soon as Snow Leopard, and maybe a Nehalen upgrade, are available.

Turns out that I put my feet on the Earth, did a cost survey and noticed that now, for the a little more than I payed for my entry model MacBook, I would be able to build a Core i7 PC, almost equivalent to the Mac Pros. It means, I can keep my macbook, that is still good, and build a new system for the half of the price I would pay for a MacBook Pro, and with much more performance.

But if I buy a PC, I’ll not be able to continue using the OS I’m loving, so the issue now is to give up or not of Mac OS X.

Windows XP and Vista are not good competitors, and I don’t like linuxes. Then I remembered Windows 7 RC was out, and decided to give it a try.

After a month using it, I can say Windows 7 is an awesome system. Maybe not so fast and stable as Leopard, but so easy to use and atractive as it. And also, until where I could go with the RC, so much faster and stable than Windows Vista.

The UAC, that everyone uses to disable in Windows Vista, now works fine, it means, only when necessary.

The new task bar is the most impressive of the new features, and it reminds me so much the Mac OS Dock, so I’m loving it. The only downside for me until now is that it is not possible to fix the Recicle Bin on it.

The new window handling functions are good too. And obviously, there are several other improviments through the whole system.

I think this time Microsoft is taking the right way.

Hope it become better until the launch day.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário